Get your start or continue your career in the hospitality and tourism
industry with a proven team that prides itself on hospitality.
Job Title: Office Assistant
Job Description: Front Office / Reservation Desk / Hospitality Assistant
Overview: A unique opportunity to be person to person with guests staying at a family owned and operated resort. This person will enhance the arrival and experience of each valued customer.
- answer incoming calls and assist with reservations and confirmations
- organize and communicate daily resort activities
- check-in and check-out guests
- exemplify professional leadership, direction, and supervision to all employees as it pertains to their duties and the core values of the resort
- greet guests warmly and perform registration procedures
- be well versed in promotions
- involvement with and knowledge of daily operating activities as it pertains to the restaurant, lounge, fishing, and lodging departments of the resort
- assist guests with issues, focus on satisfaction, and use supervisor support when necessary
- accurate accounting for posting daily bills and charges
- provide accurate statements for departing guests and collecting payments due
- two to four year college degree or equivalent
- previous guest service and reservations experience preferred
- written and oral communication skills
- verbal and written English
- computer and typing skills
- listening and comprehension
- ability to speak and hear
- close and distant vision
- frequent standing along with walking and sitting
- standing for long periods of time
- lifting and carrying 5-25 pounds
- ability to reach hands and arms in any direction and kneel and stoop repeatedly
- general indoor office setting
- frequent use of computer
- varying schedule to include days, nights, weekends, holidays, and extended hours as needed during peak season
Hours and Pay:
- Minimum 40hrs with a maximum of 60hrs per week. Starting pay commensurate with education and experience. Vacation and health insurance options.
Qualifying applicants please email your resume to Jessie@BallardsResort.com.