Housekeeping / Morning Waitstaff
AT BALLARD’S RESORT.
(NOW HIRING) Housekeeping / Morning waitstaff
Housekeeper duties and responsibilities
A Housekeeper needs to clean the work area to the standards of their employer. This requires attention to detail, physical strength, and the stamina to work long shifts.
- Understand the company’s policy on work shifts, guest’s possessions and privacy issues
- Provide basic housekeeping duties including changing the sheets, changing and arranging the towels, restocking toilet supplies, vacuuming, dusting and rearranging the room after guests check out
- Report and return any guest properties found in the rooms while rendering service
- Work with a team of housekeepers on each shift
- Clean, disinfect and store all equipment at the end of the shift
Housekeeper daily duties
The main function of a Housekeeper is to perform cleaning duties to keep the environment neat and pleasant. They maintain cleanliness in line with management requirements. Other than ensuring clean and comfortable surroundings, Housekeepers also replenish toilet supplies, clean and store housekeeping equipment.
Housekeeper skills and qualifications
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Excellent working knowledge of cleaning appliances and their operations and proper use of cleaning agents
- Attention to detail
- Physical strength and stamina to work extended periods
Housekeeper salary expectations
Housekeepers average salary is based on experience. Work schedule includes weekdays and weekends and sometimes holidays.
Housekeeper experience requirements
A successful Housekeeper will have a heightened level of awareness and attention to detail. This skill is important so they can clean hidden places that hold dust and dirt. The job also requires a certain level of physical strength, so the ideal candidate will be fit enough to walk and bend for extended periods. They may also have to lift heavy items and use steps multiple times during shifts.
An experienced Housekeeper is adept at time management because they must quickly prepare rooms before guests check in. Another attribute of a great Housekeeper is uniformity. They can recreate the same settings with little or no supervision.
Morning waitstaff responsibilities
- Show customers to their seats and present our variety of menu options
- Advise on the best food and drink choices for each customer and answer questions
- Take orders and deliver them to the table deftly and accurately
- Attend to the tables and guarantee compliance to cleanliness standards
- Check the quality of the final servings and resolve any issues
- Deliver checks and accept payment
- Work with other staff as a team
Morning waitstaff requirements
- Proven work experience as a server is preferred
- Ability to build relationships with colleagues and customers
- Customer-oriented and planning skills
- Outstanding people skills
- Patient and friendly with demonstrated experience in problem solving
- Good physical condition
- High school diploma; food safety training will be a plus
Ballard’s Resort — Minnesota’s Lake of the Woods — BallardsResort.com