Professional Fishing Guide
AT BALLARD’S RESORT.
(NOW HIRING) Professional Fishing Guide (DREAM JOB)
Ballard’s Resort – Lake of the Woods – Baudette, Minnesota
Get your start in the professional fishing industry! Join our team at The #1 WALLEYE fishing resort in North America. Fourteen charter boats. Fourteen full-time professional fishing guides. Over fifteen-hundred trips annually per season. Millions of walleyes!
You will report to Senior Guide & Owner / Manager Nick Anthony.
A guide at Ballard’s Resort is first and foremost a team-player. Professional always, both on and off the water. Accountable with equipment, safety on the water, boat operation, customer service, fishing knowledge and strategies. Your overall theme is to provide the utmost in world-class fishing adventures.
Success comes in the form of verbal praise. What are your clients saying about you? “This is the most fun I’ve ever had.” “Thanks so much, what an awesome day on the water.” “Not only did you put us on fish, but you were knowledgeable about the area, provided incredible service, and entertained us throughout the day.” “WE WILL DEFINITELY BE BACK TO FISH WITH YOU AGAIN NEXT SUMMER!!”
This is how you find happiness, reward and longevity with Ballard’s Resort.
Responsibilities and Duties
Day to day activities
- Prompt preparedness. You are always ready to go. Today is always your BEST day.
- On the docks (pre-game 800am) for bait, gas, boat prep.
- Boat leaves the dock at 800am. Give yourself sufficient time for welcoming guests on-board, introductions and final checks on beverages, lunches, special needs, anything requiring attention before leaving the dock.
- Fishing from 800am to 500pm. What are your clients saying about you?
- Return to the dock at 500pm.
- Group photos.
- Fish cleaning and packaging.
- Day end boat check.
- College level. Two or four year degree.
- One year minimum guiding experience, or equivalent “personal” time on-the-water with prior fishing experience.
- Boater safety, maneuver rough waters.
- Professional appearance, good communication skills, well-spoken, calm demeanor, personable.
- Skilled fisherman. Net fish. Bait hooks. Change lures. Get out snags. (know where to, how to, and when to catch fish)
- First Aid, CPR, Drug Consortium, TWIC Card
- S. Coast Guard License
- Ability to stand / sit, stand / sit, stand / sit for extended periods of time (9-hour day on the lake). Repeated lift and drop anchor.
- Summer guide wages range from starting internship to advanced professional skill level. This means your daily wage will be commensurate with your experience. The monetary spectrum for this area ranges from $125 to $175 per day.
- Gratuities also come into play when you are employed in the service industry as a fishing guide. To give you an idea… An individual guide at Ballard’s Resort averages $100 to $120 per day with customer tips.
- Meal allowances are included for guides on days they are working. A guide is provided, at no fee, breakfast and lunch during their day. In the evenings, if they choose to eat an additional meal at the resort restaurant, there is a 50% discount for employees on menu items.
- Long-term employees (year-round) are offered an insurance package and a matching retirement investment fund.
- Ballard’s Resort owns the entire fleet of charter boats and provides its guides (at no additional charge) with all the necessary fishing equipment (rods, reels, bait, tackle).
Ballard’s Resort — Minnesota’s Lake of the Woods — BallardsResort.com
Contact: Nick Anthony #218.634.1849 or [email protected]